This position performs confidential administrative support and receptionist support to the Chief Administration Officer, Manager of Finance and Administration, Manager of Operations and other staff of CRSB.
This position is one of four positions reporting directly to the Manager of Finance and Administration with the others being the Accounting Clerks and the Scale House Operators.
There are no subordinates reporting to this position.
- Acts as first point of contact for clientele, greeting visitors and determining nature of requests and, where possible, provides information to the client. In circumstances where information is not readily available, identifies most appropriate action to be taken and expedites requests accordingly. Responds to enquiries concerning programs and services and directs enquiries as required.
- Provides cashier services by accepting payments at the counter, electronically or via mail, in accordance with the various payment methods used by CRSB and issuing accurate receipts for these payments. Contributes toward safekeeping of CRSB funds by maintaining continuity of receipts and making correct change. Maintains customers confidence in all levels of operation.
- Ensures that all monies received are receipted and are accurately entered into the computer on a daily basis.
- Ensures efficiency in handling of reception duties and maintains tidiness of the common areas.
- Screens all calls and forwards them to the appropriate personnel.
- Endeavors to calm volatile visitors, diffuses problems and handles emergencies.
- Prepares correspondence, memos, reports and presentations as required or directed by Management.
- Maintains contact with drivers, transfer stations, suppliers and service support technicians.
- Operates all Office equipment and orders supplies and maintains inventory of office supplies.
- Maintains filing systems that are easily accessed by Management
- Assists with recruitment activities by responding to resumes.
- Ensures the Management is apprised of all or any problems.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Management.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- A team player
- Excellent Computer skills
- Skilled in Microsoft Office, Power Point Presentations, Excel
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good organizational skills and communication skills
- Ability to deal with others in an effective, respectful and informative manner.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
Successful completion of a post-secondary Business Administration Program, supplemented by a minimum of 2 years work experience at an administrative support level.
Interested persons may apply to:
Central Newfoundland Waste Management
PO Box 254
Norris Arm, NL
Fax: (709) 653 – 2920
Deadline for application is September 17th, 2021